Saturday, March 16, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

What a busy week it has been in our Kindergarten Classroom! With wonderful winter weather to start off the week, the kids were excited to play in the snow! We ended the week by celebrating St. Patrick's Day! The leprechaun brought us a few surprises and continued to play tricks throughout the day! With "Magic" applesauce, tipping over chars, and leaving some of his gold- it was a very successful and fun-filled day!

I have to say the applesauce was their favorite- I found this activity online- the joys of teaching blogs :) I added Lime Jello mix to the applesauce to make it turn green- they were fascinated! I would like to know if you have any other fun St. Patrick's Day activities that your students seem to enjoy? Please Share!

2 comments:

  1. Brooke,

    When I taught preschool, it was fun to have the leprechaun do all sorts of tricky things to surprise the students - they loved it! One activity that I did was the "Magic Dust" trick. I put some pistachio pudding mix in baby food jars. The "magic dust" turned into a tasty treat after adding a little milk! The students got to shake the jar and watch the white powder turn green. Sounds like your little ones enjoyed the holiday!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke-
    I have never heard of having a leprechaun play tricks in the classroom! What a great idea! My students would have loved that! I think the "magic applesauce" is a great idea! Plus, it would make for a very simple science experiment. What color will the applesauce become? Will it change the flavor? What if I only put in a little bit of the jello verses a whole packet? I also think the leprechaun's antics would make for a great writing activity! I can't wait to try this next year! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete